My sock is progressing. There is a 1×1 twisted rib and now I am using the leg pattern from Helen Stewart’s Vapour socks.
Yarn is from Louie and Lola and is Merino, Silk and Yak in the dusty rose colour way. I’m using 2.25mm needles.
I have started my November socks. This yarn is beautiful. It is a merino, silk and yak mix from Louie and Lola yarns in the Dusty Rose colourway.
I am doing a 1×1 twisted rib and then I am going to use the pattern from Helen Stewart’s Vapour Socks (it was part of her Handmade Sock Society 3 – I have purchased all three of her sock societies).
I finished my October socks yesterday (31st of October), just in the nick of time. The yarn is a malabrigo, but I cant remember the colour-way.
I used my standard sock recipe (top down and a heel flap and gusset). The pattern on the leg and foot I found in a Japanese stitch dictionary (See this post).
I have finished one of my October Socks – and on the second I have started on the leg (it’s top down, so I have a long way to go!).
I have started work on my very originally named ‘October Socks’.
The yarn is a malabrigo, but I can’t remember the name and I have lost the label (maybe Diana or Arco Iris).
For the leg and foot I am using a stitch pattern from Japanese Knitting Stitches – it has a 9 stitch repeat. It is hard to see in my images but there is a knot stitch and then a 1 stitch cable (alternating between right and left).
To fit the stitch pattern, I cast on 63 and did a rib that would flow into the pattern (K2, P3, K2, P2).
I learnt how to do the cable without a cable needle, by firstly using a cable needle and observing what was happening. This is an easy to memorise pattern and the sock is flowing easily.
One of my sneaky children liberated this yarn from my stash and gave it to me for mother’s day!
So this will be the next sock project – after the Covid socks. I am going to pick a pattern from the 52 Weeks of Sock book.
No new T.V series to report on – I gave up on The Last Kingdom (too violent for me). I am looking forward to the new series The Great.
I am keen to improve my knitting skills and colour work always looks so lovely. These socks are from the Boost Your Knitting book. I was intrigued by the idea of intarsia in the round.
It came together quite well – I am disappointed about the reverse side. Despite my best efforts there is a noticeable ‘join’. It is on the inside of your leg (when you are wearing the socks).
The issue of the join is that you are making one stitch out of two, so it is always going to have more yarn than a normal stitch and it just stands out.
Someone in my house has a big birthday this year, so I thought a pair of socks might be in order (despite the large feet).
I am using a Waikiwi Print in shade 459 (it’s the brown mix). I bought three balls (because of the big feet).
I have done a twisted rib and then it’s going to be a plain vanilla sock.
I finished my socks – these have the best gusset and toes of any I have made.
I used the suggestions (for both toes and gusset) in Custom Socks.
I think for my next pair of socks I will try something toe up, but before that I am going to knit the Braid Hills Cardigan – I bought this as a kit two years ago and now I am going to finish it. I have swatched and I seemed to have achieved gauge (I know swatches can lie, so we will see what happens – it is all about the process).
These socks came together pretty easily – I know one looks longer in the image but I think Miss P just pulled one up more. Next up a hat for Miss A (this one). The swatch is currently being blocked.