A lot of people in my knitting group have taken up crochet, so I decided I should too. I have a book, Erica Knight’s one, and I am attempting the easiest pattern.
I do like how easy it is to undo crochet and have another go. This yarn is cotton and it’s a bit splitty, which is not good for a beginner. It’s all double crochet, but at least I get to be proficient at this stitch.
I have been having chemotherapy and now have neuropathy in my fingers and toes. I wasn’t sure how this would affect my embroidering, but it hasn’t made any difference. I have been able to work on my Halloween Cat project.
This is a Satsuma Street design. I am using DMC threads and a 25 count linen (2 strands over 2 threads).
I have started work on my very originally named ‘October Socks’.
The yarn is a malabrigo, but I can’t remember the name and I have lost the label (maybe Diana or Arco Iris).
For the leg and foot I am using a stitch pattern from Japanese Knitting Stitches – it has a 9 stitch repeat. It is hard to see in my images but there is a knot stitch and then a 1 stitch cable (alternating between right and left).
To fit the stitch pattern, I cast on 63 and did a rib that would flow into the pattern (K2, P3, K2, P2).
I learnt how to do the cable without a cable needle, by firstly using a cable needle and observing what was happening. This is an easy to memorise pattern and the sock is flowing easily.
I am back to working on my Sampler Quilt – one more block to quilt and then I have to put the thing together. I am embarrassed about how long this thing is taking – 7 years and counting (and it has put me off quilting).