I finished my Dino Quilt. Above is the front and below is the back.
I free-motion quilted it using a stippling pattern. I found this to be quite tricky simply because of the size of the quilt, but in the end I’m pleased with the results. As always, I could do with more practice.
I tried a new binding technique. I remembered what happened last time and followed my own advice. I cut the binding strips 2 inches wide, attached them to the back first and then machine sewed them to the front.
Still not completely perfect, but I am happy with the results.
The quilt top is finally finished. I found attaching the white sashing to be very tedious.
I’m going to piece the back. As Miss P won’t always be keen on dinosaurs, I want the back of the quilt to be a bit more grown up and girly. My current thinking is to have strips of random widths and prints. I’ve started the cutting and hopefully the whole process won’t take too long.
I’ve started work on a new quilt for Miss P. I’m using three different types of dinosaur fabric – there is a blue base very similar to the green in the image above as well. This quilt is going to consist of nine patch blocks and solid blocks with white sashing.
My current plan is to have a girly grown up backing, so when she is over the whole dinosaur craze she can simply flip the quilt over.