I’m making embroidered towels for a friend (see my store for other stuff).
The font is verdana. I digitised it using a very old piece of software called Scansoft (I picked it out of the discount bin at my local Janome store). It creates designs in the old .sew format, so I converted to .jef in Embird and combined the letters for each name into one design.
I then put the designs on my USB stick, transfer to my sewing machine and sew them out.
I then cut out the letters.
And finally attach the letters.
I use a basting spray to hold the letters in place temporarily and the purple masking tape to create a straight line.