It has become a bit of a family tradition that I make Miss A and Miss P Christmas T-Shirts. The design above is for Miss A – it’s from Bunnycup embroidery. I used two layers of stabiliser, but it still puckered a bit.
I’m stitching Miss P’s at the moment.
I finished in time ….
I’ve also been putting little presents in the pockets as well – hair clips, stickers, lolly snakes …
I’m also making some christmas T-Shirts.
I didn’t stabilise this enough – see all of the puckers? And it took two hours to stitch out – with all of the thread changes and careful cutting of the applique fabric, but I think P will be happy with it.
Below is the one A picked – this is just an image from Embird.
I haven’t decided the fabric yet (which then determines the thread colours). I’ll use a layer of romeo in the hoop to try to eliminate the puckers.
The buttons are on. Now I’ve just got to finish the ornaments…
The quilting is done …
The tree, stem and pot are free motion quilted and I used a hanging diamond pattern on the white background.
Here is a closer look …
I’m quilting the base and I’ve made one ornament …
The Star consists of a front and a back and I didn’t manage to sew them together very well.
I’ve decided to make an Advent Calendar – just to put myself under a bit more pressure. I got the idea from here, but it’s developed a mind of it’s own.
Each pocket will have a number embroidered on it. I haven’t quite decided on the position of the pockets yet – the one above is just placed on the quilt.
I’m going to sew buttons onto the tree from which we can hang ornaments (they’ll be stored in the pockets).
The ornaments are going to like this …
The number is on the back of the ornament. There will also be a star, tree and stocking (so six of each type).
I still have all of the pockets and the ornaments to sew as well as quilting the base. So lots to do and not much time.