As it’s school holidays, we’ve been baking (need to keep Miss A and Miss P and their friends contained).
The above is a Crispie from the Golden Wattle Cook book. It’s a very easy recipe and makes heaps …
1 Cup Sugar
2 Cups Rolled Oats
2 Cups SR Flour
2 tsp Golden Syrup
1 tsp Bicarb Soda
1 tsp Vanilla
3 Tbsp Boiling Water
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°.
2. Cream the butter and sugar. Add the Golden Syrup.
3. Dissolve the Bicarb Soda in the boiling water and then add to the butter mixture.
4. Add the oats, flour and then the vanilla.
6. Cover baking trays with baking paper.
7. Place dessertspoon full heaps on the tray. I usually fit 9 on a standard baking tray.
8. Cook in a moderate oven until golden (about 15 minutes).