I have started work on my very originally named ‘October Socks’.
The yarn is a malabrigo, but I can’t remember the name and I have lost the label (maybe Diana or Arco Iris).
For the leg and foot I am using a stitch pattern from Japanese Knitting Stitches – it has a 9 stitch repeat. It is hard to see in my images but there is a knot stitch and then a 1 stitch cable (alternating between right and left).
To fit the stitch pattern, I cast on 63 and did a rib that would flow into the pattern (K2, P3, K2, P2).
I learnt how to do the cable without a cable needle, by firstly using a cable needle and observing what was happening. This is an easy to memorise pattern and the sock is flowing easily.
I wanted a project that was easy and quick while I had chemotherapy (for breast cancer). My local yarn store suggested this pattern (it’s an out of print vintage pattern). They had a sample in the store.
The yarn is Cleakheaton Country 8ply (Col 1843) and I used two strands to knit it with big needles (sorry can’t remember the size).
I duplicate stitched the ends, rather than weaving them in, because I want it to be two sided.
This was the hat for the 2019 Shetland Wool Week. I have always been fascinated by colour work, patterns like this
But they seem very complicated, so I need to build myself up to that level.
I thought a hat would be easier and Miss A was going on the school ski trip (cancelled now due to Covid 19).
I bought a kit for the Road Side beanie from Calico and Ivy (if you are in Perth this is a lovely store).
It’s coming along slowly – here’s me knitting a bit of it
I should have used circular needles, but I used what I had on hand, which was dpns. I am up to the crown decreases, so it should all get a little bit faster. This requires a bit of concentration so I haven’t been watching any T.V while knitting it. I did finish Little Fires Everywhere – it was very good.
I would like to finish this by July, which is when the tour was meant to take place.