I am really pleased I had a go at knitting intarsia in the round – not a fan of the ‘seam’ you can see on the back (see below).
My first heart was much better than my second heart. I think it was because I left all of the weaving in to the end on the first one, but did as I went with the second, which made my tension a bit crap.
I do like the different coloured cuff, heels and toes, so I will do that again. I am keen to try stranded colour work socks, but next up I am going to knit my own version of Helen Stewart’s Shell Cottage Socks (I will use the stitch pattern, but my own ‘recipe’).
I have started knitting the Heartgyle socks from Boost Your Knitting – the intarsia heart is going well, but the getting it to work in the round is not going so well (see below)
You can see where I have been doing the yarn overs and the turn. The instructions do say
You will see that the turn between right side and wrong side creates a small ridge in the work but it is not hugely obvious.
And they have an image and it’s true on their sock it isn’t very obvious. I can see that my later turns are better – more discreet if you like, but now I need to decide if I rip it back and start again. I am leaning towards ripping back.
There are some great tutorials on how to do this on You Tube – here.
I think the method is good it’s just my execution.
I have been trying to rotate through my various projects – to get the ones that were languishing on the go again.
Above is the piece I am working on at my embroidery class I only seem to have time to work on it there – I never make it back to it in my rotation. I should finish it this week and then I am going to need a new project. Various different ideas are floating around in my head, but I haven’t settled on anything yet.
I am also knitting Miss A these mitts
Meow Mitts (image from Ravelry – tinyowlknits)
this is proving to be trickier than I expected – 30 minutes yesterday to knit one row! There’s balls of yarn everywhere and I needed to learn how to capture the floats in purl. I am hoping to achieve more next time.
I have gotten a bit more savvy about this quilt – I’ve cut the fabric, backing and batting for 12 blocks and I am just quilting them when I have time. I would love to get this finished because it has been going for a long time.