I have been having chemotherapy and now have neuropathy in my fingers and toes. I wasn’t sure how this would affect my embroidering, but it hasn’t made any difference. I have been able to work on my Halloween Cat project.
This is a Satsuma Street design. I am using DMC threads and a 25 count linen (2 strands over 2 threads).
The temperature cross stitch has started – not up to date yet, but it is easy going. I think one of the maximums (maxima?) is the wrong shade of yellow, but I am not unpicking, so let’s hope this doesn’t (in a hundred years) become a significant historical document.
I think I need to put a key on – otherwise the actual temperature data will be lost. Thoughts?
I finished! This project languished because I struggled to see the stitchers clearly. I got new glasses and while that helped it didn’t solve the problem. However, I bought this magnifier and it has made a huge difference.
The pattern is My Lady’s Quaker from Jardin Prive. I did it on a 32 count Belfast linen (from Zweigart). The black is standard DMC 310 and the red is a variegated DMC 115.
I started it in February 2018, so 18 months to finish it (although it’s about the process).
I have become quite monogamous on this cross stitch.
The motif in the upper-right corner created a lot of difficulty for me. I think I stitched it three times before I could get the outer border to join correctly. The blue marking lines helped enormously. I have put more in to make the last few motifs easier and then it is on to the alphabets.
I’m back to stitching in hand and it just seems to work a bit better for me. I don’t think my stitches are better (in fact I think my tension is probably a bit off), but I am far more likely to pick it up and work on it.
I got a bit carried away with buying new charts last year and now I feel a bit anxious about the amount of unstitched charts I have.
I started working on this house late last year to use as a model for my girls, but soon realised it was going to take a long time and that they wouldn’t have the patience to finish it. I wondered if even I had the patience (dedication) to finish it, but when I added the back stitch the design popped and now I feel quite motivated (I doubt it will be finished this year).
The design is from the 2016 Family Circle Christmas Special – you might still be able to find the pattern here.
I bought the plastic canvas from Spotlight and I am using 6 strands of DMC floss, 2 for the backstitching.