I finished sewing the binding on the quilt – not too bad in the end. As I used a water erasable marker to mark the quilting pattern, I need to wash it before I take a photo. So this means I can start a new quilt!
I have this alphabet panel I bought a couple of years ago thinking I would make a baby present out of it – of course I didn’t. I’m thinking I could make a wall hanging.
My plan is to add a plain fabric border (red spotty fabric) and then an hour glass block border. In the above photo I’mÂ measuring the panel to determine how wide the fabric border needs to be, so I can fit the hour glass blocks.
After much anguish I’ve decided the border needs to be 12cm, the quilt top will then be 80cm by 72cm. Ten hour glass blocks (each 8cm) will fit along the length and nine along the width.
I starched my fabric for the first time today – Heirloom Machine QuiltingÂ recommended it – it certainly seems crisper, but I haven’t tried to cut or sew it yet.