I’ve finished quilting my Seattle quilt – the new sewing machine definitely helped although I did struggle a bit with the tension settings.Â I’m now working on the binding. I always struggle with the binding – I’ve read heaps of tutorials and watched a couple of avi/dvds, but still I’m hopeless. This time I tried to do aÂ continuous binding for the first time – not too bad, but not perfect either.
I thought I would try to machine sew the back of the binding to the quilt rather than hand sewing, but it was completely hopeless. With the first attempt I didn’t always catch the binding and the second attempt just looked shocking, so I’m back to hand sewing. At least it’s cold at the moment so sitting around with a flannelet quilt on my laptop is actually quite pleasant.